Most people do not realize this, but running is not just about working out as hard as you can, as often as you can. It is not just about pushing your body to its absolute limit. It is not even just about determination. It is fine doing all of that, but if you are not working your respiratory muscles alongside that, you will never, ever achieve your true potential.
The problem is, developing your respiratory muscles is not going to be easy. You may notice a subtle improvement by running every day, but it is not going to be enough. Eventually it will plateau. You will hit your ‘natural’ limit, and that is it. You need something else to help you. This is what a breathing mask will do. Now, we are going to talk about the best running breathing mask later, or at least hint as to what we believe is the best option. However, before we go into that, it is important that you start to realize why this is the best way to breathe while running.
What is a training mask?
To put it simply, a training mask has been designed to give the wearer the experience of training at a high altitude. If you keep up to date on the ‘running scene’ then you will know that just about everybody who needs to ‘run’ for a living, and we are not just talking about ‘runners’ here, but NFL, MLB, and NFL stars too, will regularly engage in something known as ‘hypoxic training’. Or, as it is more commonly known ‘altitude training’.
The reason people engage in altitude training is because it helps to strengthen their respiratory system. As we mentioned at the start, strengthening your breathing muscles is the key to improving your running. Not everybody can engage in high altitude training, however. You are probably one of those people. This is why many people opt for a ‘tool’ known as a breathing mask. It recreates the whole experience of training at altitude. You could have the feeling of running at the top of a mountain but just be outside of your home running along the sidewalk. There is no other running tool on the market that can recreate that experience, and that is fantastic!
Other Benefits You Will be Able to Enjoy
One of the main reasons as to why people opt for a running mask, other than the fact that it is the best way to breathe while running, is because it helps to make their workouts much more efficient. Many people do not run because they feel like they do not have enough time. By wearing the mask that we highlight in this review, you will be able to trim your exercise regime in half. You have no excuse. With this mask, a 25-minute workout will be complete in as little as 12 minutes. Yes. You are going to get the same benefit in half of the time. Don’t even need to up the intensity. You just need to slide on the mask and work at your standard rate.
As you begin to train with the mask on, you will notice that your breathing will become easier. As a runner, you will know of ‘the wall’. You have probably been there numerous times, probably finding it difficult to smash through that barrier. When you wear a breathing mask, you will no longer face ‘the wall’. It will be history. Your breathing will have developed to the point where you will be able to regulate your breathing to the point where if the wall does appear, you just must give it a metaphorical hop over. You will be able to breathe through it. This, once again, means that you are going to be able to work out for longer. This translates to more calories burned and what other benefits you are getting from your running.
In summary; this is the best way to breathe while you are running because:
- Will ensure that you are getting maximum use of the oxygen that you take in.
- Your energy levels will go through the roof.
- Mental stamina will be improved (no wall!)
- Physical stamina will be improved. You will be able to work out for longer without any issues.
- Increased oxygen intake will boost your mental focus. Remember; a key part of running is determination. This mask will help with that.
What is the best running breathing mask?
There are several different options available on the market when it comes to running masks. One of the best reviewed one is the Training 2.0 mask. Not only is it comfortable to wear, but it is well-built. This is a mask which is going to work well for you for years. It comes in at a very affordable price too. We really do urge you to check it out!
Why do we recommend this mask? Well, without going a full elevation training mask running review (although we would love to, but we are sure you are busy), these are the highlights:
- Is designed to be smaller and lighter to wear. You are going to be wearing this a lot, so you don’t want something that is drastically uncomfortable. You want something that works, but that you do not even realize is there most of the time.
- When you purchase the right size of this mask, and there are several options available, you can be sure that it will ‘hug’ your skin perfectly. When you are running, you do not want the training mask to be slipping and sliding all over the place. This mask ensures that it does not happen!
- When people start to run, they run every day for months. They don’t stop. It is an enjoyable experience. You do not want something that needs to be replaced repeatedly. This training mask is not only the best way to breathe while running, but it is also one of the most durable training masks on the market.
Of course, you will also be able to enjoy the benefits that we highlighted before, so why not check out the Training Mask 2.0?